SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I have 2 love bird parakeets(?) but alll they do is chatter and are very antisocial. Does anyone have any social bird breeds other than parrots?

posted over 7 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

LOL parakeets are so pretty but so obnoxious. I wanted some until my friend bought a pair.

My dad had a cockatiel for a few years and we all loved him. He was so funny and would say “Hey Bird-Brain”. His favorite game was “Envelope”, which is a game where you would put an envelope over him and he would chirp away. He would also steal drinks of your soup if you didn’t watch him carefully.

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

that’s cute! envelope, how did he teach him that!and the soup thing is adorable!:)
parakeets are quite obnoxious-they chatter WAAy to much!

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

parakeets are parrots though, and I’ve seen some pretty sociable ones :). I think most non-parrots commonly kept as pets are unsociable towards people—the only type of bird that comes to mind are finches.

I have a cockatiel and a lovebird—the cockatiel is sociable but won’t let you pet him—the lovebird is literally a lovebird :) she’ll kiss you at any opportunity lol.

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’m not sure if it started because he just liked to be under things, or if someone taught him. He had an owner before my dad. Contrary to what tightsandtea said, he would let my dad pet him, but I wasn’t around enough for him to get comfortable with me. He would sit on my shoulder tho.

He had another game where he would pick up any piece of paper or mail off the table, take little nibbles out of the edges, and then throw it on the floor. Then he would peer over the edge and squawk at it.

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I meant my own pet cockatiel :) a family randomly gave him to us while we were at the pet store getting our lovebird (they had to move away?) and I guess they never petted him, because he would always hiss when we tried.

and my birds loove paper too! when I was a kid I used to fold paper up, let them nibble at it for a day or two, and hang it like snowflake art haha. although, it was usually covered in sh*t too :P

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Yeah ours was like that too sometimes. I don’t think he liked women, LOL jerk. My bills sometimes got sent in with bird poop on them hahaha

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password