SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Some people have gone so far as to give their pets tattoos, liposuction, etc.

For me, even pet dye is too far, and clothing gets to be bothersome to my pet.

What do you think?

posted over 7 years ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I think a pet should be left as is, I think it’s cruel to constantly do all these whacky things to an animal who has no defense. Also some dogs get embarrassed or depressed when they wear clothing and you can tell they are noticeably uncomfortable. I think people need to realize that a pet is an animal and not a doll.

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i definetly agree with all of you! Pets don’t have a voice to stop their owners from doing crazy things to them. And I’m not sure what would be the point of a dog tattoo or even liposuction. Just feed them better!

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

don’t mind me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t liposuction be for medical reasons? I mean, if a dog’s so overweight that it has to be lipo’d, chances are it’s because it was morbidly obese. I’m just guessing, since vets are really anal about having your pet in the correct weight range.

but yeah, tattoos and dyeing? that’s ridiculous. if that’s how they treat their pet, imagine how they’d treat their children.

posted over 7 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Dogs are exactly that, dogs. They aren’t baby dolls and don’t like being dressed up. Beyond trimming the fur in the summer and clipping nails, any kind of frou frou behavior is too far. Your pet would be much happier running around outside than getting squeezed into a sweater.

posted over 7 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I can understand a sweater when the dog needs it, or a little raincoat. But to dye their hair and get liposuction? That’s taking it too far.

posted over 7 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Wow, I didn’t even realize people did such things to their pets!

Tattoos sound cruel to me, since they are painful and the dog doesn’t get a choice in the matter, nor does s/he understand the purpose or appreciate the result. And liposuction just sounds ridiculous, unless it has been recommended by a credible medical expert. Of course, if my vet told me to do that to my pet, I’d definitely get a second or third opinion first!

I’m a little more on the fence about dye, since if care is taken to use safe dye it doesn’t actually hurt the dog— but it also just seems unnecessary to me. As for pet clothes, I don’t mind as long as I can tell the dog doesn’t mind. Some dogs seem cool with it or even appreciate the warmth of a sweater, etc, but others look uncomfortable. I think you just have to know your own pet and pay attention to how they feel, keeping their comfort above your personal whims.

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

^ I agree with you—if they’re excellent owners otherwise and the dog doesn’t care, I shouldn’t really be one to judge a little safe, comfortable, and non-invasive accessorizing.

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password