Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

So I was just reading a forum topic about trends and it made me think. People are always like “Oh, I don’t follow trends. I’m a total rebel!” But isn’t the world of fashion kind of about the trends? I know it’s not all about following what’s “in”, but it’s still a very big part of it! I’m not going to follow every trend that Vogue predicts for Spring, because there will always be styles I don’t like, but it’s important to stay relevant. I’m also not going to pretend I’m some sort of rebellious style icon that everyone else should be looking to for guidance.

What do you guys think?

posted over 7 years ago
jasminb
Style_council
jasminb

You shouldn’t care about trends.it’s a style that makes you unique!

?
Jasmin
http://www.my-berlin-fashion.com/

posted over 7 years ago

VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

incorporating trends into your personal style is much different from solely depending on trends….never really forming a personal style at all. Some people have no personal style at all. All you ever see them wear is whats “in”. I think it’s important to stay up on latest trends [I do but I dont follow them. I incorporate some of them]

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

@VersatileMoTif
I totally agree that there’s a difference between following a trend to the last detail and incorporating them into your wardrobe. I’m looking for pastel pieces, not just because they’re “in” but because I need more light colors in my wardrobe. But I will just come out and say that I hate those lase-up Steve Madden heels that make everyone’s feet look huge. They’re very popular, but that doesn’t make me want a pair. Like any part of life, there is definitely room in the fashion industry for uniqueness and thinking outside the box; it’s a very important part! But it’s also important that other people are able to identify with you and your sense of style, otherwise you just become an outsider. Trends help people feel like they a part of a group and I think we forget that that’s important.

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I totally meant Jeffrey Campbell Litas! I don’t know why I said Steve Madden!

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password