Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KTR
Style_council
KTR

I may get booted down to the bottom of the Chictopian list for this but….I don’t care :)

….So…I guess Chictopia think “smoking” is cool. Wow. nicely done.

Check out the home page with the smoking cig pic.

posted over 7 years ago
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

omg I TOTALLY AGREE!I tried to comment on it to provide my opinion on this terrible habit!i’m worried it might become a deadly “TREND”

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Personally, I have never ever had a cigarette in my mouth, but I still think smoking looks pretty cool, even tho I know it isn’t!!

posted over 7 years ago

Earthchild404
Style_council
Earthchild404

I can’t see it, but all I will say is ew.

posted over 7 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I hate that! I don’t comment or vote for looks if the person is smoking. Or reblog on tumblr even if the photo is amazing

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

FashionTrend: I am the same way(don’t reblog it on tumblr or vote)!I don’t want to condone that behavior!it seems to be spreading! its not cool!

posted over 7 years ago

ameliajin
Style_council
ameliajin

This is really bad for me to say, but I think smoking looks really cool (even though i don’t and will never smoke)! I would admire photos of people smoking, but would never promote it.

posted over 7 years ago

KTR
Style_council
KTR

I believe smoking “being cool or uncool” is a personal opinion and a personal choice…but it’s not something that should be promoted as “cool” or “beautiful,” on a reputable site like Chictopia where a lot of young girls go for inspiration. I can go on and on about this topic but I’ll keep it at that.

For those who’s curious, this was the pic that was on the homepage, the pic that the “editor” actually picked.

Also, I left her a message and it somehow was deleted…and I wasn’t even mean-spirited.

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/641127-You+are+my+sunshine+my+only+sunshine+7+Chanel+VS+Miuccia-yellow-banana-print-prada-skirt-cream-kitten-heels-shoes

posted over 7 years ago

uyut9iuu
Style_council
uyut9iuu

i would never hype or comment on a photo with a smoker in it, but if it’s one of those really vintage cigarrette things that audrey hepburn smoked in some of her photos then i have to admit it looks sophisticated, but not in modern times, with a modern cigarrette.

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

@KTR:I posted a not mean-spirited comment too, just warning about smoking and it got deleted as well!

posted over 7 years ago

KTR
Style_council
KTR

@F4SION — I guess some people can blow smoke but can’t stand the heat. Ha!

posted over 7 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

just a smoke,chill

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I don’t think she should be penalized because there’s a cigarette in the photo. how do you know the girl was picked because ‘lololololol smoking is cool’ and not because her ensemble was worthy of being noticed?

your comment might have been deleted because she didn’t care to have people berate her on her personal life choices. just because it wasn’t mean-spirited doesn’t mean it wasn’t offensive to lecture on something auxiliary like that, on a fashion site. I’m sure she and others are quite aware of what cigarettes are.

posted over 7 years ago

KTR
Style_council
KTR

@tightsandtea, no one is penalizing her for smoking, if you read what I wrote, I said its a personal choice and whether you like it or not, it is a personal opinion…this whole topic is about chictopia, but you obviously didn’t read.

Ps. I actually left a very nice message saying “this is a very nice outfit and I love the bright colors, you look beautiful, but cig?”

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

how is “you look beautiful, but cig?” not berating her personal choice? that in itself is offensive, whether or not it’s done nicely. My whole point is that this is a fashion site, so comments of that nature are unnecessary and a little uncalled for. It’s not your personal opinion I care about. I don’t smoke either.

I understand your concern that people might start smoking because they see one photo with a cigarette on chictopia, but as I said, to disregard the image entirely on those grounds—which is what you were advocating—would be penalizing her for smoking. You could almost say the cigarette was an ironic addition that reflects the vintage nature of her ensemble (i.e. hepburn)—in that sense it’s almost for historical accuracy.

..what do you mean “I didn’t read”? is my opinion not valid? To state that “chictopia thinks smoking is cool” kind of implies she was chosen for the cigarette and not her style.

posted over 7 years ago

KTR
Style_council
KTR

@tightsandtea How is a simple question mark “berating” her personal choice? If I posted a picture of my *ss, and someone made a comment, should I delete it? Why? I made the personal choice of putting an image up for people to comment. Should I delete your comment here (if I had the ability to) because you’re disagreeing with me right now? No, because you are entitle to your opinion and I respect that you are speaking your mind, whether if you’re agreeing with me or not. This is a public site and people can say whatever they feel. Correct me if I am wrong….

Anyway, like I said, I thought she was beautiful and the outfit was pretty and I never had an issue with her “personal” choices. She can smoke until she turn blue for all I care. My issue was with Chictopia.

To state that “Chictopia thinks smoking was cool” was more of a sarcasm which you obviously didn’t catch.

Well I’m going to keep it at that. Have a good night :)

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I guess I get where you’re coming from, but if you don’t have an issue with her personal choices, then why did you mention your disdain for the cigarette to her in the first place? criticizing the fact that she has a cigarette is in fact criticizing that she has a cigarette, really no two ways around it..

also, just because you can technically say whatever you want on the internet doesn’t mean people should—that’s not really sound justification. I mean I don’t really care either way, but lets limit critiques to fashion on a fashion website :]

posted over 7 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I have never tried smoking in my life.
no desire to.

posted over 7 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

…..This is a web site about fashion. I can promise you the cigarette isn’t the reason the person was featured, and it would be biased of the Chictopia staff to disqualify them just for holding a cigarette in the picture.

If Chictopia started promoting cigarettes as being fashionable and trendy, that would be troubling. But simply featuring someone based on their fashion, who happens to be holding a cigarette, is nothing. If some people choose that lifestyle, that’s their choice, and I don’t see why anyone would want Chictopia to shun them for it.

posted over 7 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

hmm, yeah. I know it’s a personal choice and all, but it really is a nasty habit, with lethal consequences! :)

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password