Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
oscarinthecan
New_user oscarinthecan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When oscarinthecan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
oscarinthecan

Hi – I’m brand new. I suck at clothes, so I joined for ideas and advice. When I was signing up, it said I could find people with similar style preferences to mine, but when I click “people like me,” it shows only people with similar measurements/coloring. Is there some way to focus on users who are interested in the same kinds of clothes that I want to wear?

posted almost 8 years ago
cherichictopia
Style_council
cherichictopia

Hi there,
This is a good question! I think one way to find people with similar taste is to find brands that you like and see who else is wearing it. We are constantly refining our “people like me” algorithm to fine tune our results. We can also try to take this into consideration.

Cheri

oscarinthecan
New_user oscarinthecan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When oscarinthecan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
oscarinthecan

Maybe just some style categories in the questionnaire? I don’t know how you would implement this, but it would be cool if similar “chic” votes got weight in the match rating. Or if there are too many different photos to get much alignment in chic votes, maybe there is a way to measure the tags that are common in our chic votes — that would show style preference for “vintage” or “romantic” or “military” or whatever.

I do see some other style indicators on other people’s profiles: favorite trends, favorite photos, “recently wore” tags, etc. I’m not sure how those are established (maybe I have to post some photos of my own), but those could be ways to match people according to style, too.

Just ideas!

kORaZONE
Style_council
kORaZONE

it would be more helpful if you listed your style preferences on the topic also you can use the search bar and type in key words that best fit what you like and ect.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password