SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Since this is a health forum after all, did you all know that Gwenyth Paltrow (yes, the Academy Award winner) is actually a spokesperson for a very popular Austrain frozen food brand, SPAR Veggie. (So, her face won’t be plastered on the food packaging, per se… but close enough right?)

Very appropriate gal to choose since she did release a cookbook and gives out health tips on her blog: GOOP. Yes, GOOP. Check it out, haha.

Anyway, unlike most frozen food, I guess this Austrian brand is reportedly pretty healthy.

Hm, I love my Gwenny, so I guess it’s a good thing that she’s advertising for a health-conscious brand! What do you guys think? Will you buy the food just because she’s advertising it?

posted over 7 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I might try it, if it’s not too expensive. I love Gwenyth Paltrow, but sometimes her health and exercise practices scare me, haha. I know it’s part of her job to look good, but her pilates routine sounds like torture!

Gonna look into GOOP a little further tho :)

posted over 7 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

It’s definitely intriguing… I’m not sure that I would buy it just because she endorses it, but I would probably give it a bit more thought than I might otherwise.

posted over 7 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Sounds plain stupid. A guaranteed hit in the US .

She just doesn’t reflect health to me. And frozen food, veggies? lawl.

posted over 7 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I wouldn’t buy food just because an actress is the spokesperson. To be honest, it doesn’t sound appealing in the slightest. I don’t like pre-frozen foods, no matter what they are.

posted over 7 years ago

AmandaPhenomenon
Style_council
AmandaPhenom...

I only buy food that I actually enjoy eating. I don’t think a celebrity’s face would impact my decision. I would rather see a picture of what the food really looks like.

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

That seems like such a raandom partnership. I mean, she must love the brand herself because I doubt she needs or wants the advertising money.

I find her excessive food-preaching obnoxious though.. “She’s compared eating processed cheese to smoking crack” wow thanks Gwyneth, because everyone can afford to spend a few grand on “backyard wood-burning pizza ovens”. Must be so hard to be filthy rich and not have people understand your woes :’(

posted over 7 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Celebrity endorsement has about zero effect on whether I want to buy a product. If I’m considering trying a new product I pay more attention to whether I think I’ll like the taste, the healthiness of it, and the cost. But I’m not really into frozen meals anyway. I get frozen raw veggies to eat during their off-season but I’m not a big fan of pre-made frozen meals like that.

posted over 7 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

No. Maybe if i knew it was healthy or tasty i’d buy it but definitely not for a celebrity.

posted over 7 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

NO, I don’t buy stuff just because some celeb has something to do with it…

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password