SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

I’m having my first “real” exams in 3 weeks (they’ll last a little more than 3 weeks) and i’d like to have tips from you (if you have some) because i’ll have to study a looot during these weeks and i don’t want to feel down or sleepy, i want to do the best results i can and i’d like to know how to do it, so if you ever had exams, can you help me please?

posted over 7 years ago
beckachu
Style_council
beckachu

1. get the right amount of sleep! make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night
2. eat lots of healthy energizing snacks like fruits, nuts, and vegetables instead of junk food
3. drink lots of water to stay hydrated, especially if you are drinking lots of caffeine as it dehydrates you

these are some pretty basic tips, but as long as you eat good foods, get lots of sleep, and don’t cram like crazy the night before, you should be ok!

posted over 7 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

A great idea is to make some smoothies for the day ahead and store them in the freezer :) take em out in the morning and all day you can sip on your drink while getting vitamin c and other nutrients. Another good idea is putting salba or spirelina in there.

posted over 7 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I think one of the most important things its to be really focussed while studiyng and if you can do it at night or anytime of the day when you have total peace,sleep all what you need and dont skip meals,you will be fine at your exams!

posted over 7 years ago

ameliajin
Style_council
ameliajin

sleep enough and eat right!!! usually after studying for two weeks for finals, everyone gets sick due to a lack of sleep and energy. Also, take some breathers from studying. I love to dance randomly to one song after an hour of studying because I get to relax and I won’t burn my brain.

posted over 7 years ago

carouth
Style_council
carouth

Stick to a schedule, whatever one it is. Doesn’t matter if you stay up late studying every night as long as you do it consistently. Also, make sure you eat every meal— food is super important. If you’re not being productive while you’re studying, take a break (dance around, shake out your limbs, go chill with your friends for a moment, etc.).

Write out a list of your finals and their times, post it somewhere in your room, and mark them off as you go along. Lay out everything you need for your final the night before, so that you can just grab it and go the next morning. Wake up at least 2 hours before your final, and don’t eat a giant meal right before a final (food coma while testing = bad). Stop studying 5-10 minutes before your exam. Take deep breaths and relax. Good luck.

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Keep easy, healthy snacks on hand! Buy fruit that you don’t have to prep to eat, like bananas, berries, or cut up fruit (a little more expensive, but think of it like a treat for working so hard!). Buy snack mixes from the bulk session of the grocery store and drink lots of water and tea! Hard boiled eggs are another great snack to have on hand. They’re easy and a great source of protein!

posted over 7 years ago

nocturnalpandaa
Style_council
nocturnalpandaa

get lots of sleep! when your studying and you start feeling fuzzy, it’s time to stop and take a break. no use chugging through with a slow head.

also make sure you eat healthy and drink plenty of fluids.

lastly, be sure to exercise a bit. the rush of adrenaline and flow of endorphin will be great to keeping you more alert. don’t push it off, just 15-30 minutes will do. :D

good luck!

posted over 7 years ago

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

thanks for your advices! :)

posted about 7 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

drink tea and water, they fill you up without adding on the sugar and calories. coffee is for desperation – don’t become an addict like me haha. sometimes going for a short jog (like 5 minutes) can help clear your head and re-energize you – trust me it sounds counterintuitive but it works. eat lots of fruits and veggies and constantly snack. fatty and sugary food make you drowsy! i just graduated college so girllll i know :D

posted about 7 years ago

Annaindeed
Style_council
Annaindeed

Make sure to take little breaks, esp like walking around in the sun or outside (somewhere different from your study environment )

posted about 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password