SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Annaindeed
Style_council
Annaindeed

Has anyone used protein powder before? Pros & cons? Is it worth buying/using? Will it help with toning up? :)) I’m trying to gain some muscle & look tooooned for summer season!!! :))) <3

Thanks guys
~Anna

posted over 7 years ago
Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

I use a plain high protein powder. I would recommend one, but would stay clear from a lot of the flavored ones that tend to have too many carbs. For a shake it’s good with whole milk, and you can add fruit to add flavor. Protein is good for recovery. I like to have a shake 30mins before a work out and one after I get home from the gym.

posted over 7 years ago

Annaindeed
Style_council
Annaindeed

Nice :) will it help with getting a better workout? :))

Any suggestions on brands? Not too expensive >A<

posted over 7 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

Well increasing protein intake, not just powder, like eating lots of chicken and fish helps promote muscle recovery and growth. The brand I use is MLO Sports Nutrition, it’s called "Super High Protein Powder (24gms) and I get it at my local grocery store. I like it cause it’s plain, and you can add it to foods too. I like to mix some in with my eggs for breakfast, and you can use it in baking too.
Drinking coffee before a workout will give you a bit of a pump.
Basically, get at lest 8 hrs of sleep, drink plenty of water throughout the day, try to increase your protein intake, and try to keep a clean diet, and with some proper weight training, you will get toned up, and start seeing results in a couple of weeks.

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password