SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
DefinitionOfBeauty
Style_council
DefinitionOf...

Does anyone know if there is a health difference in drinking plain clear water vs water that you mix zero calorie powder to flavor. Will it make you gain weight or do you get more unnatural stuff?

posted almost 8 years ago
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

Usually zero-calorie powder stuff has chemicals – make sure you check to see what’s in it – I feel like plain water or natural teas are best for you!

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’d read up carefully on the ingredients in the powders. They might not make you gain weight, but they may use chemicals or dyes that could have effects in the long-term. I don’t think you’d have a problem using a mix it’s only every once and a while— but there are also natural ways to flavor your water that you know for sure are healthy, so maybe look into that?

For example, you can add fruit to your water— either a spritz of juice, or letting cut fruit sit to “brew” in the water overnight. I’ve also seen recipes that involve herbs or cucumber.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

A lot of those powders you add have no calorie sweeteners, some of which are not so good for you. I would definitely go for the plain water, but if you want a little flavor you could always add things like orange, lime, or lemon slices. Cucumber slices and mint leaves are also some other options.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I feel like fake flavorings and sweeteners defeat the purpose of drinking water. You don’t really know if your body fully expels all the chemicals, or if some of them build up over time. I honestly doubt they’d have a profound, noticeable effect like weight gain, but maybe instead you could brew and chill some fruity/herbal teas or something :)

siemensr
Style_council
siemensr

stick with plain water if you can…but flavoring aren’t terrible…the evidence is inconclusive on zero cal sweetners…i would stick with stevia…

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

If you would like to drink water but don’t rly like the taste(if it rly tastes like anything, you know what i mean).
There are other ways to add flavour, like some have alrdy suggested.

Some of my favourite ways is to squirt a tiny bit of lemon, apples or strawberries in it. Also just plain ice water is a good change.
You can also try cucumber, aloe(the funniest taste ever :D), or pretty much anything you like that isn’t a too dry or too oily.
Also sometimes I do use concentrates, but those tend to taste too strong.
Powders..wow I never see those in stores here! what are they like?

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

I try to stay away from processed stuff. Especially stuff done in a food lab. Somethings just need to be left alone. All natural is the best, don’t trust additives that you can’t pronounce or don’t know what they are. Scientist need to stick to science and leave our food alone.

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Interesting topic. I drink plain water mostly, on rare occasions I’ll try flavored water (if it’s offered to me).

posted about 6 years ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

plain water..if you want to be healthy..i drink at least 1.5 – 2 litres everyday.

posted about 6 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

The mixed one is very very very unhealthy. You can add some cucumbers, slices of lime and lemon, and you will get a very healthy, very low calories water! You should try it!

posted about 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password