SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

What are some good healthy treats and snacks to eat when you are trying to get in shape or lose weight? I find I am craving chocolate and ice cream like mad lately lol! Forzen yogurt is awesome, and banana chips, but I need more ideas!

posted over 6 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Greek yogurt is delicious and even the non-fat tastes really creamy and rich. I love sweet potato oven fries. Avocado with a little salt and lime is a great snack. A square of dark chocolate has loads of good antioxidants and will satisfy that craving for chocolate. Make sure you get a bar that’s at ;east 70% cocoa or more.

posted over 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Great ideas, already tried dark chocolate and love it, even more than milk! It’s just so rich and flavourful and it tastes amazing melted down on some fruit! Never tried the Avocado with salt and lime but I know how well lemon and avocado go together :) Cucumber slices and salt are also yummy!

Has anyone tried making their own granola or musieli?

posted over 6 years ago

melissaq
Style_council
melissaq

I ‘m a big snacker some of my favourites that aren’t too guilt provoking:
-peanut butter and pretzels ( sounds weird but the sweet and salty is delicious)
-baked apple ( cut in half with some agave syrup or maple syrup, a sprinkle of chopped nuts and raisins)
- homemade granola with steamed soy milk
-rice cakes are awesome: plain with peanut butter and jam, or the sweet ones such as caramel or toffee
…hope this helps a little bit

posted over 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

thanks melissaq! I will have to try the baked apple idea. I also tried another recipe that is delicious for a snack ( or breakfest!) try cutting an avocado in half and puting a small egg in the center, then bake for 10-15 minutes and top with a little cheese. Delicous!

posted over 6 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Granola is usually pretty high in oil and sugar, so you should make it yourself and experiment with decreasing the amount of oil and sugar. Meusli is much better since the only added sugar comes from the dried fruit. The fact that it’s raw, instead of baked, might also make it healthier for you since baking can destroy nutrients. I like it a lot better than granola, but that’s mostly my personal taste :)

posted over 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Thanks catie :)

posted over 6 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

when you freeze and blend bananas, they taste exactly like ice cream :). just cut up some bananas into slices and freeze. once solid, use a food processor/blender to get it creamy (pic here). imo a little too much effort for a snack, but it’s a good way to get rid of old bananas. I’ve found that if you try to re-freeze it after blending, it loses the creamy consistency.

you could also freeze whole bananas w/popsicle sticks, and dip them in chocolate. I make my own chocolate shell by mixing baking cocoa powder and coconut oil (since cc oil is solid at room temperature, it forms a hard shell instantly).

you can also try to make instant ‘cookies’ by mushing up bananas + dry oatmeal, shaping it into cookies, and nuking them in the microwave for ~30sec-1min. add some dried fruits or honey for flavor. it might help to coarsely chop the oatmeal w/ a food processor beforehand—I tried this recipe once and the oatmeal just tasted chunky and dry :P.

I’ve never dieted so idk what foods are good for weight loss, but keep in mind that it is all about caloric deficit; you can still overboard on healthy/organic/homemade foods. i.e., a single avocado has like 1/3 your daily recommended grams of fat.

posted over 6 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Don’t do granola!! Sooooo high in carbs and calories, its such a myth about it eating healthy! I mean, it’s great for people that run 5 miles every morning, but since most of us don’t, it’s really not a great idea :/

My health indulgences are: dark chocolate (there are even ones sweetened with splenda and about 1/3 less calories), frozen blended bananas, sugar free frozen yogurt topped with fruit, and pineapples!

posted over 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I need to try this blended banana thing! Maybe blended with some soy milk and peanut butter or nutella!

posted over 6 years ago

simonwinslet
New_user simonwinslet is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When simonwinslet reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
simonwinslet

There are many food are less in calorie. I think eating banana will make you fat as it helps people who want to put on some weight.
Weight Loss

posted over 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Actually bananas are really good for those of us that workout regularly because they are high in potassium and prevent muscle cramps. They are also a natural way to indulge in sugar and they are great for gluten free diets (which I’m on currently for health reasons) A mashed up banana has so much potiential! Mix it with oats and raisins for a quick cookie or whisk two eggs into a banana for pancakes (sounds wierd, but it’s yummy! found this through blogilates.)

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password